Ron Bose, MD PhD
Associate Professor with Tenure
Division of Oncology, Department of Medicine
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology
Washington University School of Medicine
Ph.D. – Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center and Cornell University, 1998
Post-doctoral Fellowship – Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Departments of Oncology and Pharmacology, Mentor: Philip A. Cole, 2003-2007.
M.D. – Cornell University, 1999.
Internship and Residency – Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine and Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, MO. 1999-2002
Fellowship – Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD. 2002-2007
Professional Appointments and Committees:
- 2011-2013 Member of Writing Committee, NCI – The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA) Lung cancer project.
- 2012-2013 Member of the AACR Education Committee, AACR Annual Meeting.
- 2012-2014 American Cancer Society, Ad hoc Grant Reviewer on the Tumor Biology and Genomics committee.
- 2015-2018 American Cancer Society, Permanent member on the Tumor Biology and Genomics committee.
- July 2014 Reviewer for NIH-NCI Center for Cancer Research Site Visit.
- 2015-Present Editorial Board member, Breast Cancer Research.
Honors and Awards:
- 1989 Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society.
- 1989 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY. Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow.
- 1990 Max Planck Institute for Immunbiology, Freiburg, Germany. Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow.
- 1991 University President’s Award for Excellence in Zoology.
- 1993 Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society.
- 1995 Award of Excellence, Vincent du Vigneaud Symposium at Cornell Univ.
- 1999 & 2000 Caring Spirit Award, Barnes Jewish Hospital (received twice)
- 2002 Residents Teaching Award, Washington University.
- 2006 AACR Scholar-In-Training Travel Award.
- 2013-2014 Susan G. Komen for the Cure, St. Louis affiliate, “Pink Tie Guy.”
- 2013 Susan G. Komen for the Cure – St. Louis, Health Professional of the Year
- 2013 Best Paper of the Year in the Journal of Biological Chemistry in the category of Signal Transduction
- 2017 Elected to the American Society of Clinical Investigation.